Chief Marketing OfficerJob Description
Chief Marketing Officer
Position is full time, working from home for a US company with a global team.
A rapidly growing media and technology company in the live spoken word audio space is looking for a talented and passionate Chief Marketing Officer. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will be responsible for leading all aspects of the companies communication and marketing activity .This role requires the CMO to design and implement strategies to grow the company’s audio content publisher base, as well as design strategies and implement strategies to grow the listener base to the above mentioned publisher’s content. You will work cross-functionally with internal teams to decide when and who to target , as well as manage the negotiation, legal, and contracting process with external creative services agencies to assist in this venture. The ideal candidate has experience developing multicultural and international relationships and is used to working in a fast-paced culture. This individual is a strategic thinker that can creatively craft partnerships that mutually benefit the company and its broadcaster partners.
This key hire will “hit the ground running’ as the key executive responsible for all aspects of the company’s communication initiatives including: marketing and communication material (websites, newsletters, sales presentations, investor presentations) B2B and B2C paid and organic user acquisition, SEO, and public relations. The candidates must see themselves and be seen by their peers as a leader with the ability to execute flawlessly and impact the company’s strategy, focusing on fast growth. As a member of the organization’s management team, performance will include demonstrating the following accountabilities: leadership, strategic view, communication, mentoring, empowerment and resource management
The Chief Marketing Officer will already have experience in the marketing areas outlined above, and be creative about new ways to promote Company listeners and content. The CMO will also be responsible for managing the team that is handling the communication with listeners and broadcasters after they are already on the Company platform. The CMO will also be responsible for all coordinating activities with the sales and content teams to enable the conceptualizing and implementing the marketing and communication strategy and achieving marketing targets. Specific responsibilities include hiring local area experts; conceive of marketing strategies; negotiate marketing strategies, and implement these strategies, as well as managing these strategies after they have commenced.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- PR strategies – Hire agency, work with agency to publicize company activities in trade and mainstream publications.
- Trade Shows – Create company trade show strategy, design and source company presence at trade shows, get company executives on industry panels to discuss company.
- Work with content and technology teams to develop marketing and communication materials.
- Create, budget and implement marketing strategies
- Work with content creation team on strategies and materials to acquire new audio content publishers on the Company platform.
- Locate and hire international creative service agencies and local experts on implementing Company marketing strategies and communication.
- Design, create and implement company paid user acquisition plan with other the mobile and content.
- Design and implement SEO and SEM strategies in conjunction with company product team.
- Report activity and progress to other members of Company management team.
Key Requirements – experience:
- 10+ years of marketing experience including 3+ years in a managerial role
- Career progress in marketing and communication roles within mobile/internet/ spoken word audio technology companies
- Experience/knowledge in podcast, radio, or mobile app related technologies is a big plus
- Experience in a startup environment is a big plus.
- Experience in working with international, immigrant or ethnic content is big advantage
- Social media user acquisition, paid and/or organic experience is a big advantage
- Bi-lingual or multi-lingual is big advantage
- Combination of strategic thinker and hands-on executioner
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability in recruiting, building, managing and leading a powerful marketing team
- Experience working in a fast paced environment: with different languages, cultures and over time zone differences
work from home
[job_field8], [job_field9], [job_field10], [job_field11], [job_field12]
[job_field1] per annum